- gay|Gay; easy; offhand; frank.
#:The very dignified officials were confused by his cavalier manner.
- supercilious|Supercilious; haughty; disdainful; curt; brusque.
- Of or pertaining to the party of King Charles I.
- A military man serving on horse.
- A gay, sprightly, military man; hence, a gallant.
- One of the court party in the time of King Charles I, as contrasted with a Roundhead or an adherent of Parliament.
- A work of more than ordinary height, rising from the level ground of a bastion, etc., and overlooking surrounding parts.
- A well mannered man; a gentleman.
- chess|lang=fr knight