AHD|bouns, IPA|/baÊ�ns/, SAMPA|/baUns/
- To change the direction of motion after hitting an obstacle.
- To move quickly up and then down, or vice versa, once or repeatedly.
- colloquial: Of a cheque/check, to be refused by a bank because it is drawn on insufficient funds.
- slang, AAVE: To leave.
- slang, AAVE: To have sexual intercourse.
(change direction of motion after hitting an obstacle): bounce back, rebound
(move quickly up and down): bob
trans-top|change direction of motion after hitting an obstacle
trans-top|move quickly up and down
Crimean Tatar: sekÄ±rmek
German: hÃ¼pfen, auf und ab hÃ¼pfen
trans-top|of a cheque/check
Finnish: olla katteeton
- To cause to move quickly up and then down, or vice versa, once or repeatedly.
#:He bounced the baby on his knee.
- In aircraft combat: To be attacked unexpectedly.
#:The squadron was bounced north of the town.
- electronics: To turn power off and back on; to reset
#:See if it helps to bounce the router.
trans-top|cause to move quickly up and down
Finnish: pompottaa, hyppyyttÃ¤Ã¤
- A change of direction of motion after hitting an obstacle.
- A movement up and then down (or vice versa), once or repeatedly.
- A genre of New Orleans music.
- slang, AAVE: drugs|Drugs.
- slang, AAVE: swagger|Swagger.
- slang, AAVE: A 'good' beat.
- slang, AAVE: A talent for leap|leaping.
#: Them pro-baller|ballers got bounce!
(change of direction of motion after hitting an obstacle): rebound
(movement up and down): bob, bobbing (repeated), bouncing (repeated)
trans-top|change of direction of motion after hitting an obstacle
trans-top|movement up and down
Category:English ergative verbs