- An alcoholic beverage made by fermenting juice of grapes.
- An alcoholic beverage made by fermenting juice of fruits or vegetables other than grapes, usually preceded by the type of the fruit or vegetable; for example, "dandelion wine".
(countable) A serving of wine
(uncountable) A dark purplish red colour; the colour of red wine.
- <table><tr><td>wine colour: </td><td bgcolor="
704A43" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
(computing) An interface that allows Windows® programs to run under UNIX and Linux.
verb ( win, ing )
- Dutch: bordeauxrood
- French: lie-de-vin
- German: weinrot
- Italian: vino
- Spanish: vino
(transitive) To entertain with wine.
- 1919 , Lee Meriwether, The War Diary of a Diplomat, Dodd, Mead and Company, page 159:
: Neither Major Wadhams nor I is accustomed to being wined and dined by perfect strangers who do not even present themselves, but leave servants to do the honors, consequently to both of us our present situation smacks of romance and adventure;
(intransitive) To drink wine.
- Dutch: wijn drinken
- French: boire du vin
German: Wein trinken
- Italian: bere del vino, bere il vino
Supplemental Details: Sponsor an extended definition for wine for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.