adverb (negative (UK) usedn't to, usedn"t to)
- Accustomed to; in the habit of
- I am cleaning up other people"s mess.
- formerly, Formerly; once, but no longer
- I be undecided, but now I"m not so sure.
- Dutch: use the past tense with an indication of time in the past such as voorheen or vroeger
- French: use the imperfect tense of the verb that follows
I used to eat cheese - Je mangeais le fromage
- German: frí¼her + imperfect or perfect tense
I used to eat cheese - Frí¼her habe ich Kí¤se gegessen
- Italian: use the imperfect tense of the verb that follows
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for used to for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.