- (countable) The act of using.
- The of torture has been condemned by the United Nations.
- There is no for your invention.
- (context, uncountable, followed by "of") usefulness, Usefulness, benefit.
- What's the of a law that nobody abides to?
- A function; a purpose for which something may be employed.
- This tool has many s.
verb (us, ing)
- Dutch: functie
- French: utilité
- German: Funktion , Zweck
- Italian: uso
- Spanish: función
- (transitive) To employ or apply.
- Use this knife to slice the bread.
- We can this mathematical formula to solve the problem.''
- (intransitive) See used
- Dutch: gebruiken
- French: utiliser, se servir de
- German: benutzen, verwenden, gebrauchen
- Italian: usare
- Spanish: usar, utilizar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for use for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.