- a force (producing twisting).
- anything twisted, or the act of twisting; the degree of stress or strain when twisted.
- a type of thread or cotton traditionally used for buttonholes.
- a sliver of lemon peel added to a cocktail, etc.
- a sudden bend (or short series of bends) in a road, path, etc.
- a distortion to the meaning of a word or passage.
- an unexpected turn in a story, tale, etc.
- a type of dance characterised by rotating one"s hips.
- a rotation of the body when diving.
a sprain, especially to the ankle.
- German: Zwirn (2), Biegung (4), Wendung (5), Twist (7)
- to turn the ends of something, usually thread, rope etc., in opposite directions, often using force
- to join together by twining one part around another
- to turn a knob etc.
- to distort or change the truth or meaning of words when repeating
- to form a twist (in any of the above meanings)
- German: verdrehen (1,2,3,4), verwinden (2), drehen (3)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for twist for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.