noun (plural: sellouts)
- an action in which principles are compromised for financial gain
- a person who compromises their principles for financial gain
- That rock star used to be hard core, but now he's just a .
- an event for which all tickets have been purchased
- The game was a .
- to do something for financial gain despite one's principles; to sacrifice one's principles for monetary advantage
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sellout for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.