Please select your dinner from the menu.
- To choose a specific choice among various options.
Please select the songs you want from the list.
- To choose a number of something among various options.
The program has selected all students with a failing average.
- To, mechanically, randomly, or by applying a set of rules, identify zero, one or many of something from a larger set.
- Dutch: uitkiezen
- French: choisir, selectionner
- German: auswí¤hlen
- Italian: scegliere
- Spanish: seleccionar
Only a select few were allowed to the premiere.
- privileged, specially selected.
Etymology: From Latin selectus, from seligere "choose out, select," from se- "apart" + legere "to gather, select"
The best of something. What you would choose if you could. This is a select cut of beef.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for select for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.