- A trivial or minor complaint, objection or argument.
- I have a quibble with the management practice of declaring everything urgent.
verb (quibbl, ing)
- French: argutie (f)
- Spanish: sutileza (f), argucia (f)
- (intransitive) To complain or argue in a trivial or petty manner.
- They are constantly quibbling over insignificant details.
- French: chicaner, argumenter, chinoiser, chipoter
- German: herumstreiten, kleinlich sein
- Spanish: buscar evasivas, sutilizar, andar con sutilezas
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for quibble for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact