- Full of presumption; presuming; overconfident or venturesome; audacious; rash; taking liberties unduly; arrogant; insolent; as, a presumptuous commander; presumptuous conduct.
Etymology: praesumptuosus: confer présomptueux, also presumptuous. See presumption.
- A class of men, whom age has not made cautious, nor adversity wise. -Buckminster.
- Founded on presumption; as, a presumptuous idea. False, presumptuous hope." Milton.
- Done with hold design, rash confidence, or in violation of known duty; willful.
- ''Keep back the servant also from sins." Ps. xix. 13.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for presumptuous for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.