- The application of pressure by a press or other means.
- A metal or plastic part made with a press.
- The process of improve, improving the appearance of clothing by removing creases with a press or an iron.
- The extraction of juice from fruit using a press.
- A phonograph record; a number of records pressed at the same time.
- urgent, Urgent insistence.
- (present participle of, press)
- Needing urgent attention.
- 1841, w:Charles_Dickens, Charles Dickens, Barnaby Rudge, ch. 75,
- :"I come on business."Private," he added, with a glance at the man who stood looking on, "and very business."
- insistent, Insistent, earnest, or persistent.
- 1891, w:Oscar_Wilde, Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, ch. 2,
- :You are very , Basil, but I am afraid I must go.
- 1908, w:Joseph_Conrad, Joseph Conrad, "The Duel,"
- :He was and persuasive.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pressing for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.