- Of, concerned with, or preoccupy, preoccupied with a different world than that of the tangible here and now, such as a heavenly, spiritual, or imaginary world.
1917, w:H._G._Wells, H. G. Wells, God, the Invisible King, ch. 5,
- :Every religion that becomes ascendant, in so far as it is not , must necessarily set its stamp upon the methods and administration of the law.
2007, Clive Davis, "http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/cd_reviews/article2310136.ece Simphiwe Dana: The One Love Movement on Bantu Biko Street," Times of London, 26 Aug.,
- :Dana has the temperament of a mystic.
- Not belonging to the real world; unnatural; odd and unfamiliar.
1919, w:John_Galsworthy, John Galsworthy, Saint's Progress, ch. 7,
- :He had not seen cricket played since the war began; it seemed almost , with the click of the bats, and the shrill young voices.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for otherworldly for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.