- an evergreen tree, Myristica fragrans, cultivated in the East Indies for its spicy seeds
- the aromatic seed of this tree, used as a spice
- a grey-brown colour
- (soccer) The playing of the ball between the legs of an opponent
verb (nutmeg, g, ed)
- German: Muskat , Muskatnuss (alternate spelling: Muskatnuí�)
- Dutch: muskaat , muskaatnoot
- Italian: noce moscata
Etymology: A part-translation of Old French nois mugede (modern noix muscade), from mediaeval Latin nux muscata, literally "musky nut".
- (transitive) to flavour with nutmeg
- (soccer) (transitive) to play the ball between the legs of (an opponent)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for nutmeg for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.