|New South Wales
- One of the six states of Australia, situated in the south-eastern part of the continent, with its capital at Sydney.
- (historical) (1770 - 1850s) The original name conferred on Australia by w:Captain James Cook, Captain James Cook, and used to describe the entire eastern portion of the continent.
- Dutch: Nieuw-Zuid-Wales
- French: Nouvelle-Galles du Sud
- German: New South Wales
- Italian: Nuovo Galles del Sud
- Spanish: Nueva Gales del Sur
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for New South Wales for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.