The truth behind the events remains a .
- Something secret or unexplainable; unknown.
That man is a .
- Someone or thing with an obscure or puzzling nature.
- (rfv-sense) A truth that needs divine revelation.
- (rfv-sense) A particular sequence of events in the life of Jesus, Christ.
- In the plural, in usage until the 18th century, the name given to different trades.
Etymology: From mysterie < mysteriumLatin, mysterium < Ancient Greek (polytonic, ) (musterion) "a mystery, a secret, a secret rite" < (polytonic, ) (mustÄs) "initiated one" < (polytonic, )
"I initiate" < (polytonic, ) (muÅ) "I shut"
- Dutch: mysterie
- French: mystère
- German: Geheimnis
- Italian: misterio
- Spanish: misterio
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mystery for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact