- A sexual dependency on something soiled or filthy, usually a kind of undergarment after use.
- 1963: National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis (U.S.), The Psychoanalytic Review, p272
- :While here filthiness is seemingly a consequence of the fear of being soiled, it is in our cases a consciously wished for situation which might be similar to within the psychosexual infantility.
- 1988: Dennis M. Dailey, The Sexually Unusual: Guide to Understanding and Helping, p17
- :Mysophilia, for example, can probably only be an erotic turn-on when it is possible for people to be clean, which is something that has been possible only in comparatively recent times.
- 2003: Richard W Roukema, MD, What Every Patient, Family, Friend, and Caregiver Needs to Know About Psychiatry, p133
- :These paraphilias include coprophilia (preoccupation with feces), urophilia (preoccupation with urine), (preoccupation with unclean surroundings)"
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mysophilia for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.