My sister-in-law has just become a .
- A woman who has, conceives, gives birth to, or raises a child.
Nutrients and oxygen obtained by the are conveyed to the fetus.
I am visiting my today.
- One"s female parent.
The Mediterranean was to many cultures and languages.
- (figuratively) A female ancestor.
- (figuratively) A source or origin, viewed affectionately.
The lioness was a of four cubs.
- A female parent of an animal.
- Dutch: moeder
- French: mère
- German: Mutter
- Italian: madre
- Spanish: (t, es, madre, f)
- (transitive) To treat as a mother would be expected to treat her child; to nurture.
- Dutch: bemoederen, koesteren
- German: bemuttern
- (context, when followed by a surname) A title of respect for one's mother-in-law.
- Mother Smith, meet my cousin, Doug Jones.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mother for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.