It's easy to tell the locals from the tourists.
- A person who lives nearby.
I'm in the TWU, too. Local 6.
- A branch of a an nationwide organization such as a trade union.
The expresses skipped my station, so I had to take a local.
- (rail transport) A train that stops at all, or almost all, stations between its origin and destination, including very small ones.
- One's nearest or regularly frequented public house or bar.
- From or in a nearby location
Translations: Etymology: (adjective) From French, local.
- We prefer local produce.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for local for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact