noun (lobb, ies)
- An entryway or waiting area; vestibule.
verb (lobb, i, ed)
- I had to wait in the for hours before seeing the doctor.
- The class or group of people who try to lobby or influence public officials; collectively, lobbyists.
The influence of the tobacco has decreased considerably in the US.
(context, intransitive, transitive) To attempt to influence (a public official or decision-maker) in favor of a specific opinion or cause.
- For years, pro-life groups have continued to hard for restrictions on abortion.
- The corporations don't have to the government anymore. They are the government. -- wikiquote:Jim Hightower, Jim Hightower
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lobby for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.