- (ball sports) A pass or stroke which arches high into the air.
verb(lobs, lobbing, lobbed)
- The guard launched a desperate over the outstretched arms of the defender.
- To throw or hit a ball into the air in a high arch.
The guard lobbed a pass just over the defender.
- The tennis player lobbed the ball, which was a costly mistake.
- French: lancer haut, lancer en chandelle, lobber, faire un lob
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lob for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact