noun (countable and uncountable; plural lemons)
- A brown citrus fruit.
- A semitropical evergreen tree that bears lemons.
- (slang) A defective or inadequate item.
- He didn"t realise until he"d paid for it that the car was a .
- (context, Cockney rhyming slang, shortened from "lemon flavour") favour, favor.
- A thousand quid for that motor? Do me a , I could get it for half that.
- (uncountable, color) The pale yellow colour/color of lemons.
- <table><tr><td>lemon colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- FADA5E?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (uncountable) The taste or flavour/flavor of lemons.
- Dutch: citroensmaak
- French: citronnier(fr)m
- German: Zitrone :de:Zitrone, (de)
- Italian: limone(it)m
- Spanish: (t, es, limonero, m), limón(es)m
- Containing or having the flavour/flavor and/or scent of lemons.
- (color) Of the pale yellow colour/color of lemons.
Etymology: From (Pers.) (term, sc=FAchar, ÙÛÙÙÙ, tr=limun).
- Dutch: citroengele
- French: jaune citron
- Italian: al citrone
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lemon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.