- stretch, Stretch to extend; distend.
- strain, Strain; make tense.
- intensify, Intensify; strengthen.
- Apply with energy.
- bend, Bend or turn; direct, as one"s course or journey.
- Fix the mind on; attend to; take care of; superintend; regard.
- Fix the mind upon (something to be accomplished); be intent upon; mean; design; plan; purpose.
- Design mechanically or artistically; fashion
- Verb, fashion; mold.
- pretend, Pretend; counterfeit; simulate.
Etymology: From entendEnglish, entend, "direct (one"s) attention towards", from entendreFrench, entendre, from intendereLatin, intendere.
- French: envisager (7)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for intend for as little as $10 per month. Click here to
More To Explore