That man is an in the business; he personifies loyalty and good business sense.
- An image, picture, or other representation.
- A religious painting, often done on wooden panels.
- A person or thing that is the best example of a certain profession or some doing.
- A small picture which represents something (such as an icon on a computer screen which when clicked performs some function.)
- (linguistics): A type of noun whereby the form reflects and is determined by the referent; onomatopoetic words are necessarily all icons. See also symbol and index.
Etymology: From Latin, icon < Ancient Greek (polytonic, á) (eikÅn) "likeness, image, portrait". Eastern Orthodox Church sense is attested from 1833. Computing sense first recorded in 1982.
- Dutch: icoon, pictogram
- Italian: icona
- Spanish: icono , ícono
(trans-top, Translations to be checked)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for icon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact