- The upper portion of a page (or other) layout.
Translations: If you reduce the of this document, the body will fit onto a single page.
Text, or other visual information, used to mark off a quantity of text, often title, titling or summarize, summarizing it.
Your is too long; "Local Cannibals" will suffice.
- Text, or other visual information, that goes at the top of a column of information in a table.
That column should have the "payment status".
(informal) A font, text style, or typesetting used for any of the above.
Parts of speech belong in a level-three . Level-two headers are reserved for the name of the language.
- a brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall or within the brickwork with the short side showing; compare stretcher
This wall has four courses.
- a horizontal structural or finish piece over an opening
- a machine that cuts the heads off of grain etc
They fed the bale into the .
(soccer) the act of hitting the ball with the head
His for the goal followed a perfect corner kick.
- a headlong fall or jump
''The clown tripped over the other clown took a .
(computing) the first part of a file or record that describes its contents
The includes an index, an identifier, and a pointer to the next entry. The encapsulation layer adds an eight byte and a two byte trailer to each packet.
- (networking) the first part of a packet, often containing its address and descriptors
Etymology: (-er, head)
(trans-top, text used to mark off a quantity of text)
Italian: colpo di testa
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for header for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.