noun in ]]
- The act of flying.
- Birds are capable of flight
- An instance of flying.
- The migrating birds' flight took them to Africa.
- A collective term for doves or swallows.
- A journey made by an air craft, eg a balloon, plane or space shuttle.
- The flight to Paris leaves at 7 o'clock tonight
- The act of fleeing. (It is noun version of flee).
- take flight'
- A set of stairs or an escalator. A series of stairs between Landing, landings.
- A floor which are reached to by stairs or escalators.
- How many flights is it up?
- A feather on an arrow or dart used to help it follow an even path.
- A paper plane.
- (cricket): The movement of a spinning ball through the air - concerns its speed, trajectory and drift.
- The ballistic trajectory of an arrow or other projectile.
- A Aerodynamics, aerodynamic surfaces designed to guide such a projectile's trajectory.
- Act of fleeing of a refugee or a fugitive.
- An air force unit.
- Several sample glasses of a specific wine varietal. The pours are smaller than a full glass and the flight will generally include three to five different samples.
- Dutch: vlucht , vliegen
- German: Flug
- French: fuite
- Italian: volo
- (obscure or slang): Wayward, opposed.
- Note: Nowadays we refer to people being flighty instead.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for flight for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.