noun (plural eyes or (archaic) eyen)
- An organ that is sensitive to light, which it converts to electrical signals passed to the brain, by which means animals see.
- A hole at the blunt end of a needle through which thread is passed.
- A fitting consisting of a loop of metal or other material, suitable for receiving a hook.
- The center/centre of a hurricane.
- A mark on an animal, such as a peacock or butterfly, resembling an eye.
- A reproductive bud in a potato.
The ability to notice what others might miss.
- He has a good eye for talent.
verb (eyes, eyeing or eying, eyed)
- Dutch: oog
- French: Å�il
- German: Auge
- Italian: occhio
- Spanish: ojo
- To look at someone or something as if with the intent to do something with that person or thing.
- Dutch: onderzoeken, bekijken
- French: examiner
Etymology: From , from the ÄaÄe.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for eye for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.