- (biology) of, relating to, or showing rhythmic behaviour with a period of 24 hours; especially of a biological process
- 2000, Arnold Sameroff, et al., Handbook of Developmental Psychopathology, page 310
- : The clock is involved in the regulation of the diurnal sleep-wake cycle, ".
- 2002, Jill B. Becker, Behavioral Endocrinology, page 483
- : To summarize, the system, particularly the SCN, controls the pattern of melatonin release in mammals.
- 2005, Paul Martin, Counting Sheep: The Science and Pleasures of Sleep and Dreams, page 114
- : The most obvious rhythm is the daily cycle of sleep and activity.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for circadian for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.