noun (countable and uncountable, plural chickens)
- (countable) A domestic fowl, Gallus gallus.
- (uncountable) The meat from this bird eaten as food.
- (context, countable, slang) A coward.
- (countable, gay slang) A young, attractive, slim man, usually having little body hair.
- (context, countable, slang) A young person of either sex.
- A confrontational game in which the participants move toward each other at high speed (usually in automobiles); the player who turns first to avoid colliding into the other is the loser.
- Dutch: lafaard
- French: poule mouillée
- German: Feigling
- Italian: coniglio
- Spanish: gallina
(trans-top, young, attractive, slim man)
Etymology: Old English cycen, ÄÈcen.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chicken for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.