noun (cherr, ies)
- a small fruit, usually red, black or yellow, with a smooth hard seed and a short hard stem.
- a tree or shrub that bears cherries.
- the wood of a cherry tree.
- (colour) a bright red color, colour
- <table><tr><td>cherry colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 903940" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (slang) virginity, particularly of a woman.
- Dutch: kersenhout
- French: cerisier(fr)m
- German: Kirsche(de)f
- Italian: ciliegio(it)m
- Spanish: cerezo (Prunus avium), guindo (Prunus cerasus)
- containing or having the taste of cherries.
- (colour) of a bright red colour.
- (informal, often, of cars) In excellent condition; mint condition.
Etymology: From Greek - kerasos, cherry tree; from Greek - keras, horn.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cherry for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact