- An artists brush used in oil and acrylic painting with a long ferrule and a flat, somewhat tapering bristle head.
- A neologism intended as a positive-sounding umbrella term to describe various kinds of non-religious and non-superstitious people. (w:Brights movement, There is a Wikipedia article on this usage.)
adjective((compar): brighter, (superl): brightest)
Definition A person whose world view is free of supernatural and mystical elements. The ethics and actions of a bright are based on a naturalistic world view. (2003, Paul Geisert and Mynga Futrell)
- Visually dazzling, luminous, radiant; not dark.
- Vivid, colourful.
Etymology:Old English beorht.
- Dutch: vrolijk, opgeruimd
- German: heiter
- Italian: brillante, allegro
- Spanish: alegre
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bright for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact