- removal of the labia and clitoris of a young woman; regarded as mutilation in most societies
noun (plural fistulas or fistulae)
- (medicine) An abnormal connection or passageway between organs or vessels that normally do not connect.
- Anything broad and limber that hangs loose, or that is attached by one side or end and is easily moved; as, the flap of a garment.
- A hinged leaf, as of a table or shutter.
- a stir, scandal or controversy
- The comment caused quite a in the newspapers.
- The motion of anything broad and loose, or a stroke or sound made with it; as, the flap of a sail or the flap of a wing
- A disease in the lips of horses.
- A sharp instrument used to open a vein for bleeding (Usually for bleeding horses).
- A lancet.
noun (plural: )
- An instrument used in surgery or medical procedures for grasping and holding objects, similar to tongs or pincers.
verb (freezes, freezing, froze or rarely frore, frozen or rarely froren)
- A period of intensely cold weather.
- (curling) A precise draw weight shot where a delivered stone comes to a stand-still against a stationary stone, making it nearly impossible to knock out.
- (finance) A block on pay rises
- (intransitive) To drop to a temperature below zero degrees celsius, where water turns to ice.
- It didn't this winter, but last winter was very harsh.
- (context, intransitive, informal) To be very cold.
- It's freezing in here!
- (intransitive) Especially of a liquid, to become solid due to low temperature.
- The pond has frozen over.
- Vodka won't in there, but beer will.
- (transitive) To lower something's temperature to the point that it freezes or becomes hard.
- Don't meat twice.
- (intransitive) To become motionless.
- The squirrel froze when it saw the hawk overhead.