Etymology: From Dutch koekje (possibly through dialectal variation koekie), diminutive of koek.
- (context, chiefly, North America) A small flat, baked cake which is either crisp or soft but firm (often with chocolate chips, candies or nuts mixed in.)
- (context, Scotland) a bun.
- (computing, browsers) An HTTP cookie, web cookie.
- (computing) A magic cookie.
- A young, attractive woman. As it is often intended to sexually objectify said woman, it can be seen as offensive (though only mildly, as it is a somewhat dated term, but not yet obsolete).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cookie for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cookie