- A product; the quantity of something produced
- Zucchini plants always seem to produce a high of fruit.
(yields, yielding, yielded, yielded or rarely yolden
- To give way; to allow another to pass first
Yield the right of way to pedestrians.
- To give as required; to surrender, relinquish or capitulate.
They refuse to to the enemy.
- To produce as return, as from an investment
Historically, that security yields a high return.
- The current return as a percentage of the price of a stock or bond.
- To produce as a result.
- Completing the mathematics correctly yields a result of five.
- (physics) The coefficient of elasticity of a solid; the rate of change of stress with strain.