- A leader or conductor of a musical group such as an orchestra.
- a simple musical instrument consisting of a pipe with a hole in it, producing a buzzing sound when the player hums into it.
To cook pasta, you first need to put the on.
- A vessel for boiling water.
Stick the on and we'll have a nice cup of tea.
- The use of such a vessel for boiling tea.
There's a hot of soup on the stove.
- A vessel for boiling any liquid
- A cooking pot used to steam fish.
- The collective noun for a group of airborne hawks.
- (context, rail transport, slang) a steam locomotive
- a large hemispherical brass percussion instrument (one of the timpani) with a drumhead that can be tuned by adjusting its tension
the to solving this problem...
- An object designed to open and close a lock.
- An object designed to fit between two other objects (such as a shaft and a wheel) in a mechanism and maintain the orientation between them.
- A crucial step or requirement.
the to winning this game
The says that stands for the accounting department.
- A guide explaining the symbols or terminology of a map or chart.
Press the Escape .
- One of several small, usually square buttons on a typewriter or computer keyboard, most of which generally correspond to a particular character.
the of B-flat major
- One of a number of rectangular moving parts on a piano or musical keyboard, each causing a particular sound or note to be produced.
- One of various levers on a musical instrument used to select notes, such as a lever opening a hole on a woodwind.
- (music) A hierarchical scale of musical notes on which a composition is based
He shoots from the top of the .
- A device used to transmit Morse code.
- (cryptography) A piece of information (e.g. a passphrase) used to encode or decode a message or messages.
- (computing): In a database, a field of a relation constrained to be unique.
- (computing): In a database, a field in a record that is used as a search argument (but is not necessarily unique).
- (computing): A value that uniquely identifies an entry in an associative array.
- (basketball): The free-throw lane together with the circle surrounding the freethrow line, the freethrow lane having formerly been narrower, giving the area the shape of a skeleton key hole.
- (slang): kilogram
in our user IDs.
- To fit (a lock) with a key.
- To fit (pieces of a mechanical assembly) with a key to maintain the orientation between them.
- (telegraphy and radio telegraphy) To depress (a telegraph key).
- (radio) To operate (the transmitter switch of a two-way radio).
- (computing): (more usually to key in) To enter (information) by typing on a keyboard or keypad.
He keyed the car that had taken his parking spot.
- (colloquial) To use a key as a tool of convenience.
He is the player for his soccer team.
He is the witness.
She makes several points
- Important, salient.
- (past of, key)
- (Music:) the note on which a musical key is based
- the main theme of a speech, a written work, or a conference
- a "keynote speech" or "keynote address" is a speech that sets the main theme of a conference or other gathering
- (music) An indication of the key of a composition, giving the number of sharps or flats in the corresponding scale.
- The key signatures of D major and b minor both have two sharps.
- Keep In Touch
- A Jewish folk musician.
- (uncountable) A type of popular Jewish folk music especially associated with Ashkenazi cultures.
- (musici) a Japanese musical instrument having numerous strings, usually seven or thirteen, that are stretched over a convex wooden sounding board and are plucked with three plectra, worn on the thumb, index finger, and middle finger of one hand.