Various theories exist:
- From the Latin religio, "respect for what is sacred".
- Latin re- and legere -- "to read again".
- Latin religare, "to bind".
- Concerning religion.
#: It is the job of this court to rule on legal matters. We do not consider religious issues.
- Committed to the practice of religion.
#: I was much more religious as a teenager than I am now.
- Highly dedicated, as one would be to a religion.
#: I'm a religious fan of college basketball.
trans-top|committed to the practice of religion
Finnish: uskollinen, fanaattinen
ttbc|Hungarian: vallÃ¡si (1), vallÃ¡sos (2)
religious (plural: religious)
- A member of a religious order.
#: I am only one religious among the many religious of this church.
trans-top|member of religious order
Danish: religiÃ¸s person c