From OF. #French|instance.
- A happening or occurring; an occurrence; an occasion.
#: This has happened in three instances.
- A case occurring; a case offered as an exemplification or a precedent; an example; a token.
#: It was the only instance in which a direct copy, even to matters of detail, appeared to have been made.
- obsolete A piece of evidence; proof.
- computing In object-oriented programming: a created object, one that has had memory allocated for local data storage; an instantiation of a class
at the instance of
in the first instance
in this instance
trans-top|a happening or occurring, an occurrence, an occasion
Portuguese: ocorrÃªncia f, ocasiÃ£o f
trans-top|a case occurring, a case offered as an exemplification, an example
Portuguese: exemplo m
German: Instanz f
Portuguese: instÃ¢ncia f
Translations to be checked
computing closure, class, object
- transitive To mention as a case or example; to refer to; to cite; as, to instance a fact.
- intransitive To cite an example as proof; to exemplify.
- From L. instantia
- computing|lang=fr From E.|fr instance.
- missing translation
- computing|fr #Noun|instance