en-verb|inf=to get up|gets up|getting up|got up|(UK) got up, (US) gotten up
- (literally) To move in an upwards direction; to ascend or climb.
#: ''I'm having difficulty getting up the stairs.
- To rise from one's bed.
#: I didn't get up until midday.
- To move from a sitting or lying position to a standing position; to stand up.
#: Get up off the couch and clean this mess!
- To materialise; to grow stronger.
#: As dusk fell a storm got up.
- To bring together, amass.
#: The general got up a large body of men.
- To gather or grow larger by accretion.
#: The locomotive got up a good head of steam.
#: I could see that he was getting up a temper.
go to bed
trans-top|to rise from one's bed
German: aufstehen, sich erheben
Finnish: nousta ylÃ¶s
French: se lever
Norwegian: stÃ¥ opp
Swedish: gÃ¥ upp
Turkish: kalkmak, yataktan kalkmak