The pioneers survived by eating the small game they could get; rabbits, squirrels and occasionally a raccoon.
- Several small mammals of the family Leporidae (rabbits and hares), with long ears, long hind legs and a short, fluffy tail. Confusingly, jackrabbit is a hare.
verb (rabbits, rabbitting, rabbitted)
- The fur of a rabbit typically used to imitate another animal's fur.
- A runner in a distance race whose goal is mainly to set the pace, either to tire a specific rival so that a teammate can win or to help another break a record; a pacesetter.
- (cricket) A very poor batsman; selected as a bowler or wicket-keeper.
- (intransitive) To hunt rabbits.
- a dish, of Swiss origin, similar to a fondue, consisting of melted cheese traditionally served on boiled potatoes and accompanied with pickles
- a firm cheese suitable for use in this dish
- a stew of meat and vegetables mixed together
- (context, by extension) any stew, soup, or sauce
- a small glass or earthenware dish, often white and circular, in which food is baked and served
- soup noodles of wheat, with various ingredients (Japanese style)
- a type of instant noodles
- A stewed vegetable dish consisting primarily of tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant, with other ingredients.
- Small square parcels of pasta filled with meat, cheese, spinach etc.
- A dish made with ravioli.
noun (always plural)
- A dry to mushy paste made by boiling, mashing and then frying particularly pinto or black beans, included in or served as anything from a main dish in Central America to a dip in the Southern U.S.
- An enzyme used as the first step in making cheese, to curdle the milk and coagulate the casein in it, derived by soaking the fourth stomach of a milk-fed calf in brine.
- A grilled or toasted sandwich made with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and either Russian dressing or Thousand Island dressing.
- (biblical) First son of Jacob, by his wife Leah.
- (biblical) One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Reuben.
- A male given name.
- A utensil used to extrude soft foods into the consistency of rice.
- A person who modifies a low-powered and/or cheap car using after-market parts to make it look more powerful or sporty than it actually is.
noun (wikipedia, ricotta cheese)
- a soft Italian unsalted cheese resembling cottage cheese
- a ribbed tubular form of pasta, larger than penne but with square-cut ends, often slightly curved
I'll order us a couple of risottos
- (countable) An Italian savoury dish made with rice and other ingredients.
Do you like risotto?
- (uncountable) Risotto considered as food.
- a cut of meat suited to roasting
- a roast meal
- a comical, light-hearted event where a person is praised by sarcasm and jokes.
- to cook food by heating in an oven or over fire without covering, resulting in a crisp, possibly even slightly charred appearance to the food.
- to admonish someone vigorously
- I"m late home for the fourth time this week; my boyfriend will really me this time.
- having been cooked by roasting
- A hard, sharp cheese served grated as a garnish.
- a slice of meat that is rolled up, stuffed, and cooked
- (music) An elaborate embellishment of several notes sung to one syllable
- A mixture of fat (usually butter) and flour used to thicken sauces and stews.
- a rectangular, hard, dry cracker (food), biscuit
1719: w:Daniel Defoe, Daniel Defoe, w:Robinson Crusoe, Robinson Crusoe
- : ...he brought a large basket of or biscuit, and three jars of fresh water, into the boat.
- a twice-baked bread, slices of bread baked until they are hard and crisp (also called a zwieback)
- a childrens weening food
- a cereal binder used in meat product manufacture
- The Russian language.
- A person from Russia.
- An ethnic Russian.
- Of or pertaining to Rus or Russia.
- A grass, Secale cereale, or its grains used for food and fodder. Scientific name: Secale cereale.
- Rye whisky.
- Rye bread.
- A bread made partly or entirely with [rye flour.
Allwords Copyright 1998-2013 All rights reserved.
More To Explore