- The surface of a road consisting of crushed stones
- To cover, as a road, or street, with small, broken stones, so as to form a smooth, hard, convex surface. (webster)
- A river in southern Germany, flowing from Bavaria to the Rhine.
- A hole in the ground used to access the sewers or other underground vaults and installations.
- Any of a number of chemical elements in the periodic table that form a metallic bond with other metal atoms; generally shiny, somewhat malleable and hard, often a conductor of heat and electricity.
- Any material with similar physical properties, such as an alloy.
- (astronomy) Any element other than hydrogen and helium,<ref>Majewski, S. R. (2003, 2006). http://www.astro.virginia.edu/class/majewski/astr551/lectures/ABUNDANCES/abundances.html CHEMICAL ABUNDANCE EFFECTS ON SPECTRAL ENERGY DISTRIBUTIONS. ASTR 551 (Majewski) Lecture Notes.</ref> or sometimes other than
hydrogen.<ref>Martin, J. C. (n.d.). http://etacar.umn.edu/~martin/rrlyrae/metals.htm What we learn from a star's metal
- Crushed rock, stones etc. used to make a road.
- (tincture) A light tincture used in a coat of arms, specifically argent and or.
- A category of rock music encompassing a number of genres (including thrash metal, death metal, heavy metal, etc.) categorised by strong and/or fast drum-beats and distorted guitars.
(metal, l, ed
- To make a road using crushed rock, stones etc.
- Made of metal.
- Of or pertaining to the metal musical genre (e.g. the metal scene).
- A pigmented spot on the skin, a naevus.
- Any of several members of the infra-order Simiiformes of primates, generally smaller than the apes, and distinguished from them by having a tail and cheek pouches.
- (context, informal) A mischievous child.
Stop misbehaving, you little !
- (context, UK, slang) Five-hundred pounds sterling.
- (slang) A person or the role of the person on the sidecar platform of a motorcycle involved in sidecar racing.
(monkeys, monkeying, mokeyed or monkied, mokeyed or monkied
- (informal) To meddle; to mess with; to interfere; to fiddle.
- ''Please don't with the controls if you don't know what you're doing.